Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: November 25th, 2019
Elevatie Inc. (“Elevatie”) operates each website (“Site”) that links to these Terms and Conditions to provide online access to information about Elevatie and the products, services, and opportunities we provide. Use of the Elevatie Service is governed by our Customer Terms of Service, available at https://elevatie.com/terms-of-service/
YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, AND THAT, IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE ON BEHALF OF ELEVATIE OR ANOTHER ENTITY, YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF SUCH COMPANY OR OTHER ENTITY AND TO BIND IT TO THE TERMS SET FORTH HEREIN.
By accessing and using the Site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Elevatie reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving you prior notice. Your use of the Site following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as modified. The last date these Terms and Conditions were revised is set forth below.
- Permitted Use of The Site
You may use the Site, and the information, writings, images and/or other works that you see, hear or otherwise experience on the Site (singly or collectively, the “Content”) solely for your non-commercial, personal purposes and/or to learn about Elevatie products and services, and solely in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Prohibited Use of The Site
By accessing the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Site in violation of these Terms and Conditions;
- Use the Site in violation of the terms of Elevatie’s Acceptable Use Policy at https://elevatie.com/acceptable-use/.
- Copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer or reverse assemble the Site, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, or allow any third party to do so;
- Sell, assign, sublicense, distribute, commercially exploit, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in, or make available to a third party, the Content or Service in any way;
- Use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Site in a manner that sends more request messages to the Elevatie servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser;
- Use the Site in any manner that damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs any Elevatie website or interferes with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site;
- Mirror or frame the Site or any part of it on any other web site or web page.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site;
- Access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Elevatie for use in accessing the Site;
- Use the Site for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Site may violate patent, copyright, trademark, and other laws.
- Copyrights and Trademarks
The Site is based upon proprietary Elevatie technology and includes the Content. The Site is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including trademark and copyright laws. The Site, including all intellectual property rights in the Site, belongs to and is the property of Elevatie or its licensors (if any). Elevatie owns and retains all copyrights in the Content. Except as specifically permitted on the Site as to certain Content, the Content may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, performed, or distributed in any way, and you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or create derivative works based on the Content or the Site, in whole or in part, by any means. Elevatie , the Triangle Design, the Elevatie logos, and other marks used by Elevatie from time to time are trademarks and the property of Elevatie. The appearance, layout, color scheme, and design of the elevatie.com site are protected trade dress. Customer does not receive any right or license to use the foregoing. Elevatie may use and incorporate into the Site or the Elevatie Service any suggestions or other feedback you provide, without payment or condition.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), and Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) Copyright Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-42) notifications of claimed copyright infringement on the Site or the Service should be sent to Elevatie ‘s designated Copyright Agent. See the Claims of Copyright Infringement instructions below.
- Information and Materials You Post or Provide
You represent that you have all right, title, and interest to materials you post on the Site or provide to Elevatie (“Materials”), including but not limited to any consent, authorization, release, clearance or license from any third party (such as, but not limited to, any release related to rights of privacy or publicity) necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Materials, and that posting such Materials does not violate or constitute the infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights, or other intellectual property right recognized by any applicable jurisdiction of any person or entity, or otherwise constitute the breach of any agreement with any other person or entity. You further represent and warrant that you are who you say you are, that you have not submitted fictitious, false or inaccurate information about yourself, and that all information contained in the posted Materials is true and your own work or work you are authorized to submit, and that the posted Materials do not contain any threatening, harassing, libelous, false, defamatory, offensive, obscene, or pornographic, material, or other material that would violate any other applicable law or regulation. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading information. You represent and warrant that the Materials you supply do not violate these Terms and Conditions.
- Links to Third-Party Web Sites
- Downloading Files
Elevatie cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection by software viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs.
- Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
ELEVATIE AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICE AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. ELEVATIE AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE SITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO STATEMENT OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM ELEVATIE IN ANY MEANS OR FASHION SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY AND EXPLICITLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. THE CONTENT MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ELEVATIE AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR COVER OR LOSS OF USE, DATA, REVENUE OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR FOR ANY CONTENT, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY TO ACHIEVE ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ELEVATIE OR ANY OF ELEVATIE’S SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, ELEVATIE IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, HARM OR DAMAGE, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ELEVATIE AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL IN ALL CASES BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Elevatie , its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint venturers, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site or the Content, or any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- Additional Terms of Service
If you are a customer of Elevatie or an employee, representative or agent of a Elevatie customer, your use of the Elevatie Service is subject to Elevatie ‘s, available at https://elevatie.com/terms-of-service/
- General Provisions
- Entire Agreement/No Waiver.These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No waiver by Elevatie of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
- Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies.The Content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Elevatie therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the Content at any time without prior notice. Elevatie does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
- Waiver of Restrictions
Various provincial laws may restrict the use of personal information similar to the information you provide on the Website. By providing information, the use and collection of which may be restricted by law, you waive any protections or restrictions related to such information.
- Use by Children Under 13.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) doesn’t clearly state and restrictions but we reserve the right to restricts website operators from collecting or using any personal information from individuals under the age of 13. In order to exceed the compliance requirements of PIPEDA, we do not target children under 18, nor do we knowingly collect any information from children under 18 or allow plug-ins or other services to collect such information without express written consent from their parents or guardians. We also prohibit children under 18 from posting any information on the Website without written parental consent. By using any of the Services or posting any information about yourself, you warrant that you are at least 18 years old. In addition, you may not post any photos or other information about any individual who is under 18 without obtaining written parental consent. If you become aware of any materials posted by a child under age 18, please notify us immediately.
- Severability, Binding Effect.
If any provision of the Terms shall be invalid or unenforceable in any respect for any reason, the validity and enforceability of any such provision in any other respect and of the remaining provisions of the terms shall not be impaired. The Terms shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties and their heirs, personal representatives, successors, and assigns.
Last Revised: November 25th, 2019
Copyright 2019 Elevatie. All rights reserved
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Elevatie respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Elevatie may, in its sole discretion, suspend the access or terminate the accounts of users who violate others’ intellectual property rights.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement on Elevatie ‘s website, please provide the following information to Elevatie ‘s Copyright Agent.
The Elevatie Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or relating to this website (“Notifications”) can be reached either by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by sending a letter via CanadaPost Registered Mail to: Elevatie Inc., PO BOX 87053 Douglas Square RPO, Calgary, AB T2Z 3V7 CANADA, Attn: Copyright, Legal Counsel.
Submission of Notification:
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (“Complaining Party”);
- b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Elevatie to locate the material;
- d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Elevatie to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- e) A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Receipt of Notification:
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6:
- a) Elevatie will remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- b) Elevatie will forward the written notification to such alleged infringer (the “Alleged Infringer”);
- c) Elevatie will take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Alleged Infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
An Alleged Infringer may submit a Counter Notification to contest the claim of alleged infringement. To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to Elevatie’s Copyright Agent that includes substantially the following:
- a) A physical or electronic signature of the Alleged Infringer;
- b) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- c) A statement under penalty of perjury that the Alleged Infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- d) The Alleged Infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Alleged Infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the Alleged Infringer’s address is located, or if the Alleged Infringer’s address is outside Canada, for any judicial district in which Elevatie may be found, and that the Alleged Infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Receipt of Counter Notification:
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- a) Elevatie will promptly provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- b) Elevatie will inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days;
- c) Elevatie will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Elevatie ‘s Copyright Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Alleged Infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Elevatie ‘s network or system.